Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Crime and Punishment

nope, nothing to do with the book......just another curious idea that entered my head.....when we do regard animals and plants as living beings, and even thinking beings, how come people who kill them go scot free, yes, there is a hype when the odd salman shoots a buck, but otherwise , what about the chickens, cows, lambs, fishes, crabs, shrimps etc... no, i am not being ultra moral, i was just wondering about the double standards of us humans, we cry murder, (no pun intended) when there is a human killing involved, but we choose to close our eyes to the co inhabitants of our planet.....
i am non veggie , so i can only be so objective ... but even in case of veggies, plants are living too....now if we do state an argument that it is darwin's rule being practically applied here, we have to apply the same thing to happenings within the human species too, shouldnt we, just to be fair??
oh man, it helps to have an ad in the front page, hehe, my counter isnt moving...... :-), unlike our award winners, i am not going to claim that the count does not matter and i get satisfaction from my work, hehe...so thats it for the day, with the only thing left being
manuscrypts trivia
a fwd i got...An elderly couple are sitting around one evening and the man says to the wife, "Marsha, we are about to celebrate our 60th wedding anniversary.We've had a wonderful life together, full of contentment and blessings.But there's something I've always wondered about.Tell me the truth.Have you ever been unfaithful to me?"She hesitates a moment, then says, "Yes, 3 times,Sidney.""Three times? How could that happen?" Sidney asks.The wife begins recalling slowly, "Well, do you remember right after we were married and we were so broke, and the bank wasgoing to foreclose on our little house?""Yes, dear, that was really a terrible time" replies the man.Marsha continued, "And remember when I went to see the banker one night and the next day the bank extended our loan?""That's hard to take" the man says, "but I guess it really was for us,so I can forgive you.""What was the second time?""Well," she continued, "do you remember years later when you almost died from the heart problem because we couldn't afford theoperation?""Yes, of course" the man replies."Then you will remember that right after I went to see the doctor, he did your operation at no cost?" she explained."That's true" Sidney nodded. "That shocks me, Marsha, but I do understand that you did it out of love for me, and I forgive you.So, what was the third time?"Marsha lowers her head and says, "Sidney, do you remember when you ran for Country Club President and you needed 62 morevotes?"Sidney fainted......

No comments: