Monday, March 15, 2004

Life of Mi

apologies to a certain mr.yann martel for the title, (and yeah, i know its not pronounced "p", but i can only be so creative!! :-) ).... this post is because this week happens to have a moment thats chronologically perhaps the most defining moment of my existence. so i am jotting down a few things i have picked up on the way, a few things that have changed my perspectives, a few things they didnt teach me in school or college, but a few things that life has made me learn anyway... (someone has inspired me to write it this way, i would give credit, if only i know who)
i've learnt that i could not have belonged to an earlier generation.
i've learnt that i might want to do a whole lot of things again, and not do some, but i cannot.
i've learnt that we will always be too small to comprehend some things.
i've learnt that sometimes we have to take the time to be happy.
i've learnt that some friends last forever, some fade away.
I've learnt that money is a lousy way of measuring happiness, but it still is THE way.
I've learnt that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache or joy for life.
I've learnt that good friends are family members that God allows us to choose.
I've learnt that we don't have to change friends if we understand that friends change.
I've learnt that 'customer is king' .................in books.
I've learnt that sometimes, the people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon.
i've learnt that some people are sweet enough to read your entire post, irrespective of font size.
I've learnt that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.
I've learnt that we cannot change our background and circumstances, but we can change ourselves.
I've learnt that you shouldn't compare yourself to the best others can do, but to the best you can do.
I've learnt that it's not where I am that is important. It's where I am going.
I've learnt that no matter how thin you slice it, there are always two sides.
I've learnt that it takes a long time to become the person I want to be.
I've learnt that its very difficult to imagine youself in someone else's shoes.
I've learnt that sometimes we are helpless, we can only cry.
I've learnt that we cannot change some things, the desire is there, but......
I've learnt that you can keep going long after you think you cannot.
I've learnt that either you control your attitude, or it controls you.
I've learnt that there are people who love you dearly, but just don't know how to show it.
I've learnt that sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.
I've learnt that just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
I've learnt that maturity has more to it than how many birthdays you've celebrated.
I've learnt that no matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn't stop for your grief.
I've learnt that sometimes you have to put the individual ahead of their actions.
I've learnt that wherever i drive, the worst drivers follow.
I've learnt that some people are fake, but unfortunately, more convincing.
I've learnt that we realise we love our parents only after they are gone.
I've learnt that times change, and so do people, nothing can stay the same, and so, i have still a lot to learn.

No comments: